- We try to not have too many of them, and we thank you for reading our policies. We hope you will enjoy every minute of your stay at The Lookout and realize how much we value having you as our guest. We appreciate the opportunity to address any concerns or correct problems -- we want your stay to be nothing short of great. If there’s anything we can do to enhance your visit at The Lookout, we hope you will let us know.
Minimum Night Stay:
- Our minimum stay on weekends (stays commencing on Friday or Saturday) is 2 nights. Holidays and special events are subject to longer minimum stays. Please inquire.
- The reserving guest must be at least 25 years old. Guests under 18 years of age must be under the supervision of a parent while on the property.
Check-in and Check-out:
- Check-in time is 2 pm. If your suite is available prior to that time, then lucky you! We will contact you to let you know how early you may check in.
- Tick, tock…
- Check-out time is 11 am. A late checkout may be arranged based on availability combined with the severity of your hangover.
- Rates quoted are for single or double occupancy. The cost for additional occupants is $25 per person per night, not to exceed 4 guests per suite.
- A deposit equal to one night’s stay per room is payable at the time of your reservation. The balance of the stay is payable 14 days prior to arrival.
Particular conditions apply to special events and full-house rentals (below).
- Special Events (Including, but not limited to, Mardi Gras, French Quarter Fest, Jazz Fest, Essence Fest and Halloween/Voodoo Fest):
These occasions require a deposit of 50% of the total amount, which is non-refundable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to your arrival.
- Full-house rentals (all four suites):
A deposit equal to the first nights’ stay for all rooms is payable at the time of your reservation. The balance of the stay is payable 30 days prior to arrival.
In addition, a $500 authorization is taken at the time of check-in to cover any potential damages to the property. This authorization is released upon check-out and satisfactory inspection of guest rooms and communal areas.
Cancellation and Change Policy:
- If you must change or cancel your reservation, please do so more than 14 days prior to your arrival date for a full refund, including the initial deposit of your first night’s stay. If a reservation is cancelled within 14 days of arrival, you are responsible for full payment of the stay, unless the reservation is changed to a later date. Changes or cancellations must be made via phone or by email, and you must receive a confirmation email from The Lookout. Changes to reservations are allowed based on availability of new dates and are subject to changes in rates.
- There are no refunds for early departure.
- No refunds will be issued for special event periods or full property rentals.
- While we love children (but prefer pets—see below), our inn is oriented toward responsible adults. However, children will be welcomed under the supervision of a parent. Also, we expect children to stay in the same suite as a parent, unless a full property rental is arranged.
- Percival Winston is the resident French Bulldog and mascot. He is a friendly fellow that you may see around the garden, assisting the innkeepers. As dog enthusiasts, we are a pet friendly inn --well-mannered dogs only, thank you very much. A pet fee of $25 per stay is required at the time of booking. Additional charges may apply at the time of check-out if there are any pet-related damages to the property.
- and while we’re speaking of…
Damage to Property:
- Guests are responsible for any damage or loss, including damaged or destroyed towels, linens, furniture, carpets, artwork or other furnishings in the suites and communal areas. The cleaning fee minimum is $200.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the building. Smoking is permitted only in the outside pool area at the rear of the property. Ashtrays are provided. Please smoke responsibly. In the event that cigarette butts or excessive ash are found in the pool, potted plants or outdoor gardens, a $150 penalty will be charged. Evidence of smoking in the inn, including the smell of smoke in the room, will result in a minimum $150 charge. (Yes friends, we mean any kind of smoke.) No burning of any sort of object , including candles or incense, is allowed in guest suites.
- Free street parking is available right outside the inn. We are located in a residential neighborhood and it is rarely an issue to find a parking space. We are not responsible for damage to vehicles, or damage or loss of property left in parked vehicles, regardless of location.
- There is no helipad on site; we apologize for any inconvenience.
- Laissez les bons temps roulez, but…
Parties, Events and Shindigs:
- The Lookout is a small inn located in a charming residential neighborhood. Therefore, please do not come here to host a Bourbon Street-style blow-out. Yes, we’re talking about bachelor and bachelorette parties and swingers reunions. Guests who disturb other guests or neighbors will be asked to leave and will not be provided a refund. Due to the intimate nature of our property, gatherings that include non-resident guests require the innkeepers’ prior approval.
- Even though your rendition of “I Will Survive” wins prizes at home, we ask that you show respect for other guests and our neighbors and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 10 pm and 9 am.
- And on the flip side…
Pool and Cabana area:
- Please enjoy the pool and hot tub between 9 am and 10 pm only. The pool is unsupervised, so all children must be accompanied by an adult when in the area.
- FYI, due to our Puritan family heritage, the pool and hot tub are NOT clothing-optional. Sister Mary Aloysius from nearby “Our Lady of the Wandering Nuns” convent stops by to make random swimsuit checks. You do not want to fail that inspection.
If you have made it to the end of our policies: thank you, congratulations and welcome to The Lookout Inn! We can’t wait to see you.
Kelly and Mark